Saturday, January 25, 2014

Papertrey Ink January 2014 Blog Hop


Good Morning Friends!!  I am so excited to participate in today's Papertrey Ink Blog Hop!! Today's challenge tickles my heart as you know, if you've followed my blog for any length of time, that Pink is my absolute favorite color!!  I may just have to craft the day away as I am in total pink bliss and I am carried away with the possibilities!!!  
The-Challenge
With Valentine's Day rapidly approaching, it is the perfect time to pull out all of your favorite pink supplies and put them to good use!  Your challenge this month is to create a card only using the color pink with the option to use neutrals (such as white, cream, gray, black or kraft).  With all of the different shades of pink to work with, there are all kinds of creative possibilities!  Keep in mind that your project can be for any occasion, as long as you use pink!  We look forward to seeing your project (and the prettiest inLinkz list EVER!) today!
and here's my take on the challenge:
I was totally in a white space mood and was totally inspired by this week's Case 
Study #175 Challenge!!  I started with PTI's Stamper's Select and decided that I would try out the Tipped Tops technique by gluing the layered panel at an angle on the card base and cutting the edges with my scissors.  I adhered the panel with 3D squares to give it some depth.  The focal point was made using the Limitless Layers Hearts dies and The Best is Yet to Bet Stamps and dies.  Love the pink, white and vellum combination!  Totally makes my heart sing!!  I fussy cut the One Liner Love Die and added the Wonderful Words You.  I do have to admit, the original Wonderful Words dies are my favorites! I wish PTI would make more like this!!!


PTI Supplies Used:
Stamper's Select White Cardstock
Limitless Layers Hearts Dies
The Best Is Yet To Be stamps and dies
One Liners Dies
Wonderful words Dies

Thanks for stopping by!! Wishing you a wonderful Saturday!!
Kristii

48 comments:

Kara said...

really pretty!

Connie MacFarlane said...

Gorgeous Kristii! Love the design and white space.

Diana K said...

Beautiful! And I agree, the original wonderful word dies are my favourites. Would love more of them in this font.

Martha said...

Kristii, this is simply gorgeous!
I love the design!

Stephanie said...

Beautiful card! That heart is so gorgeous!

Rea said...

Wonderful card, love the embossing around the heart and arrow.

Joni nina Andaya said...

What a Gorgeous card Kristii!

Laurie Unger said...

Oh! love all the white space on this and how the other pieces stand out to make this one fab card!

moi said...

Great card, love the heart with sentiment.

nancy jane said...

The banners with the angled panel work so well together, the perfect backdrop to the heart.
I prefer the gratitude word dies more than the original, which are little too thin for me. You know how to make them shine, though.

craftmates said...

Lovely card. LOve all the white space. And that heart is just perfect. - Irma

Laura Davis said...

LOVE this!
Laura

victoria h said...

Fabulous card Kristii

Nancy said...

Just beautiful!

Crafty Kate said...

What a fantastic layout! Love how crisp it is! :)

Kristie Goulet said...

Very pretty card!!

Rema said...

Love this! Awesome job....

A Crafty Person said...

Beautiful card! I love the heart die cut

Kathy Mc said...

Kristii, what a perfect combination of dies, pop of color and white space! Such a fun layout with endless possibilities. Just lovely!

Tracey McNeely said...

Kristie this is so gorgeous, I agree about the Wonderful Words dies--I love the stand along dies and the delicate fonts!

berryblue said...

The original Wonderful Words dies are far and away my favorite, too! I used "happy" on one of my cards for the hop today. I love all your white space and the little banner ends and how the red from the heart just pops! This is fabulous!

Joyce said...

This is so pretty. I just love how much white you used, and all in such interesting ways.

Taheerah (*LittleMissT*) said...

So pretty Kristii! Love your soft layers and beautiful die cuts!!

Helen F. said...

GORGEOUS card, Kristii.
I really NEED these dies you used here! Lovin all the white space and the angled layers too :-)

Birgit said...

Kristii, this is a fabulous card you made!!!!

Kim Heggins said...

oh, this is so sweet! Such a classy and elegant Valentine's Day card.

Tonya Jastad said...

This is very pretty! Great design!

Lindsey said...

Adore how you combined the inspiration from CASE Study and PTI's pink hop. I the cluster you created. So pretty!

Joyce Casaldi said...

Lovely!

Greta said...

Beautiful double heart & love the look of this card with all the white!

Charlene said...

So cute! I love the design!!

Colleen said...

Sweet and wonderful card Kristii, love all the white space, you always do such elegant work! thank you for leaving so many sweet comments on my blog too!

Leslie L. said...

Loving the clean and simple look; and the heart is wonderful.

Manuela said...

what a beautiful design of your card. love the heart with the words in it

Sadie said...

So very pretty! The velum gives it such a nice soft touch. The words are a very nice addition to a nicely done heart!

BethieJ said...

BEAUTIFUL card!! LOVE all the white space!!!
Have a GREAT day!
Happy Hopping!!

Sue Lelli said...

LOVE the dimension even with all that white space! Your heart rimmed in pink is so Pretty!

Kelly Griglione said...

Luscious layers on your Valentine, Kristi!

jen said...

Beautiful!!! Love the white space!

Tracey C. said...

SO PRETTY!!!!! Love the layered die cuts, and the mix of the words... Awesome. Great example of embracing the white space, I love it...

Wanda G (stampcat) said...

THIS IS SOOOOOO pretty and perfect! Each element is simple and elegant and lovely! WOW!!!

Jeanne J said...

Totally drool worthy! I love the fancy die cuts and all the layers of cuts underneath. This is so elegant!

Erika said...

Love this design!! So pretty!

Erika said...

Love this design!! So pretty!

Jacquie Southas said...

Stunning card - love the word dies you paired!

Darnell J Knauss said...

Some of the off-kilter designs have left me a bit cold, Kristii, but, oh my stars, I do adore what you've done with it here! The lovely heart, the flags, with the fold, all wrapped in white ... it just SINGS!! Hugs, Darnell

Leigh Penner said...

Beautiful card, Kristii! I totally agree -- the original Wonderful Words dies are my favourite -- I would love some more with that font!

Debby Hughes said...

Wow, love the white and you worked that angle perfectly! Thanks for joining us at CASE Study this week :)