Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Twelve Days of Christmas Day Four: Shaker Tag Ornament

Happy Day Four of the Twelve Days of Christmas!!  Today I have a little shaker tag that I plan on using as an ornament on my tree.  Ever since Betsy Veldman made this card, I have been dying to try out a shaker tag for myself! Betsy is so amazing and she inspires me beyond measure!  Thank you Betsy for the inspiration!!
To make the shaker tag:

  1. Cut out 5 tags- one out of patterned paper, one out of cream paper, one out of clear cardstock and two out of chipboard.  
  2. Cut the centers out of all the tags except the base tag.  
  3. Glue together the 2 chipboard tags.
  4. Stamp the cream base tag with City Scene stamps and adhere it to the back side of the chipboard layers. 
  5.  Add some glitter dots with the stamp set using sticky embossing powder and sprinkled it with glitter.  
  6. Add some glitter to the inside and then adhere the clear cardstock tag on top of the chipboard tags and seal.
  7. Cover with patterned paper.
 I love to make things!  It just makes my heart happy and so I thought I would leave you with this inspiring word:
Crafting your heart out makes room for your soul to grow.  ~ Sara Lanan
May you grow by leaps and bounds this holiday season!!
Thanks for stopping by and joining in the Twelve Days of Christmas Fun!!
Have a wonderful evening!!
Kristii

Supplies Used:
Tag Sale #8
City Scene Stamps and Dies
Confetti Garland Stamps and Dies
October Afternoon papers from my stash
Peaceful Pinecone Stamps
Friendship Jar Holiday Fillers Stamps
Pure Poppy, Aqua Mist, Sweet Blush, Berry Sorbet, and Simply Chartreuse Ink


4 comments:

Holly Saveur said...

I feel the same about Betsy..and that card too...love your tag..just received that die ..already had the stamp set so will give it a try too....

Jill Norwood said...

Beautiful! I love Betsy too! Thanks for the tutorial! Gotta make one!

A Cup of Cold Water said...

This is ADORABLE!!! I LOVE it!
Can you say how long it took you to make it?
I want to buy the set but I am worried about the time to make your amazing tag,
Love your creations
Susan

Joyce said...

Kristii--I am so in love with this shaker tag you made. And, your instructions make it sound so easy, but I tell you I struggle with how to layer everything and keep all the 'shakey stuff' inside. I especially like the stuff you added to the outside. It just adds that extra something to take this project to the next level.