Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Twelve Days of Christmas Day 3 - Modern Whimsy Shaped Card

Happy Day three of the Twelve Days of Christmas dear friends!! We are in the deep freeze here in Montana and I'm happy to say that we are no longer dreaming of a white Christmas!!  Whooo hooo!  Everything is beautiful and sparkly! It may be beautiful, but it comes with a price.  The low tonight has been forecast to be 8 below zero, brrrr!

I was inspired by the snow and I have to say that I am still enamored with Danielle Flanders' MIM Challenge over at PTI.  There is nothing more whimsical than snow and the idea was born!!
If you look closely at the white base of the shaped card you will see a little sparkly texture.  I temporarily adhered two snowflakes to the base and rubbed some gesso into the holes.  Once I filled all the holes with gesso, I took the snowflakes off and sprinkled them with glitter.  It made for a very nice textured background!
I know that I am going to have to play around with this technique some more! There are a lot of possibilities!!
I die cut some Snowflakes, Leaves, Rustic Wreath and One Liners and embellished the sweet little shaped card.  I added a little lace, ribbon and a little pearl to embellish.
Supplies Used:
Papertrey Ink One Liners, Fancy Flakes, Happiness in Bloom Leaves, and Peace Be Still Dies
Sweet Blush, Vellum and Stamper's Select Papers
PTI White Ribbon
PTI Simply Chartreuse and Cream Felt
October Afternoon Scrap Papers
Gesso and Pearl from my stash

I have also entered this card into Simon Says Stamp's Wednesday Challenge: Anything Goes!!
Thanks for stopping in for the Twelve Days of Christmas Celebration!
Hope you have a wonderful day!!
Kristii

23 comments:

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

You did a perfect job with the modern whimsy style!!!! Beautiful card!

Anonymous said...

This is beautiful Kristii - love the vellum wreath!

Amy Papale said...

I love your card! It is beautiful. I love all of the layers and texture.

Birgit said...

Adorable card, Kristii!
Like the shape and the soft Colors. So pretty!

Marcia Hill said...

This is so delicate looking with the pink and just love all the sparkle and different elements you added. This is definitely a winner in my mind! :0)

cheiron said...

Pretty in pink and love the sparkle! Thanks for playing along in the Anything Goes Challenge over at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog this week!

Martha said...

OH, Kristii, this is super-adorable! I love the shape & all the pretty elements! Simply BEAUTIFUL!

Jacquie Southas said...

This is gorgeous Kristii - love the glitter peeking through & the fabulous layered snowflakes!

Tara said...

Gorgeous! Love the softness and romantic feel!

Teresa said...

How beautiful!!

Linda said...

Wow this is so pretty. Love the soft colors.

A Crafty Person said...

Beautiful Whimsical tag! I love all the detail and color.

Holly Saveur said...

So gorgeous..love the colors too!

Nancy Penir said...

Oh Kristii, I love you card! Enchanting collage on snowflake. Especially fun stenciling. And the beautiful wreath in vellum! Well deserved shout out. Stay warm!

Marybeth said...

I can just picture how beautiful it looks in your beautiful part of the country with snow!
I love every detail on your gorgeous card! Kristii this is stunning right down to the etched snowflake. Love this one! ...well I love all your cards!

Carrie said...

These are great! Love that little shaker tag.

A Crafty Person said...

Beautiful whimsy card!

Larissa Heskett said...

OMG!! This is SO Beautiful!! I LOVE EVERYTHING about it!! Thanks so much for sharing and have a Fabulous Week!! ;)

C. Robertson said...

Absolutely beautiful! THe colors you chose seems so soft and delicate! Great job!

Nicole Parmentier said...

So many beautiful details, love it!!

Helen F. said...

Oh Myyyy, Kristii, this shaped card is gorgeous! Love the color combo, pretty layers of snowflakes and vellum wreath.
PS: I would hang this on my Christmas tree as a beautiful ornament

Connie MacFarlane said...

Oh Kristii, this is so pretty! Love the soft colours and layers and that technique with the gesso. Great job!

Nora Noll said...

This is so elegant and dainty!! Such a beautiful card!!